Monday, January 2, 2012

December Favs!

I am so grateful for the gift of vision in photography but more so that God has allowed me to express it through the families i was able to work with this year. I can't wait to see what God does with me in 2012!  

I was happy to work with my lil canon and the lenses that came with...but when my husband gifted me with a new 50mm lens this christmas, it was like my camera was finally speaking my language.  I had so much fun taking pictures of my own beauties, as well as my little sister, friends from church...and 2 engaged shoots, which BOTH linked back to my position in youth ministry 3 years ago.  WHAT A GIFT!  God continues to let me be a part of his many blessings and I ask Him to help me bring Glory to His merciful name through this little love of pictures.  

A few of you have asked where the name "2•11 photography" came from.  
Almost 4 years ago, we found out we were pregnant with baby #2, and at 13 weeks, found out it was a girl.  We already had a name for her.  Cana Lynn (named after John 2, the wedding feast at Cana). But when we found out we were having a girl, we also found out she would only be with us in the womb.  Trisomy 18 would rob her of a life here and so we asked God to help us to carry this cross with grace.  We carried her for a full 9 months and in October of 2008, she was born and stayed with us for 27 hours.  She reminded us of a living God, in mercy and love, who continues even in death to reveal His glory.  John 2:11 says "What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signs through which he revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him."

Thank you for letting me share my love of my daughter..and my love of photography with you!
Many blessings in 2012 as we seek ways to reveal Gods glory!

Here are a few of my december favorites.  Starting with my favorite little beauties!


  













No comments:

Post a Comment